Self-care is such a big buzz word these days. But what does it mean and how do you practice it? How are you supposed to know what to do? Keep reading for a list of 75 self-care activities that you can do. Oh and PS – they are either free or at a minimal cost. Love yourself even more with these great ideas and practices!
When I was still working a full-time job and going through my health crisis, I remember coming home from work, helping Stepson with homework, making dinner, cleaning up, running downstairs to draw a bath, jump in, and was like… OK… RELAX… GO!
And then it hit me… WHO does this? This is not self-care and this certainly isn’t relaxing. I knew there had to be a better way.
It took a lot of time and reflection to give myself permission to engage in self-care. It always seemed so… indulgent. Or expensive. I mean… who has the money to get a massage all of the time, right?!?
But self-care isn’t about being hedonistic. It’s about taking care of yourself – mind, body, and spirit. It’s about filling up your own cup so that you can be present and available to fill up everyone else’s.
That being said, I’ve compiled a list of 75 self-care activities. Read through them and pick the ones that most speak to you. The majority of these activities are either free or at a minimal cost. I purposefully wanted this list of self-care activities to be easy for you to do!
75 Self-Care Activities
Free or Minimal Cost
1. Bake chocolate chip cookies to eat or give to someone in need.
2. Call a friend.
3. Color in a coloring book.
4. Create an inspirational quote Pinterest board.
5. Create a vision board (physical or on Pinterest).
6. Cuddle with your kids.
7. Cuddle with your pet.
8. Cuddle with your spouse.
10. Deep breathing.
12. Do nothing.
13. Do yoga.
14. EFT Tapping.
16. Get off social media.
17. Give up sugar.
18. Heal the hate.
20. Indulge in your favorite treat – like homemade superfood chocolate bars.
22. Lay on the ground and watch the sky (or stars).
23. Learn a new hobby or skill.
24. Let go of stress.
25. Listen to music – sing and dance.
26. Listen to the sound of waves, binaural beats, or Tibetan bowls.
27. Listen to Ted Talks.
28. Look through old photographs.
29. Make a list of things you love about yourself.
30. Meditate and practice affirmations that nourish your soul.
Psst… want to nourish your spirit every day with gratitude, scripture, and affirmations? Click below…
32. People watch.
33. Picnic in the park.
34. Practice gratitude.
35. Participate in Random Acts of Kindness.
37. Put on a pair of comfy socks.
38. Read a book.
40. Say no.
41. Say yes.
42. Sit by the fire.
43. Sleep in.
46. Spritz your sheets with lavender spray.
47. Start a bullet journal.
48. Start an evening routine.
49. Start a morning routine.
50. Take a bath.
51. Take a nap.
52. Take a walk in nature.
54. Visit a local museum or art gallery.
55. Watch an uplifting movie.
57. Watch funny videos.
58. Write a hand-written letter to a friend.
59. Write yourself a love letter.
60. Watch the sunrise.
61. Watch the sunset.
62. Work on a puzzle.
63. Arrange fresh flowers.
64. Color your hair.
65. Enjoy a new restaurant.
66. Get a haircut.
67. Get a mani and/or pedi.
68. Get a massage.
69. Learn your DNA.
70. Pamper yourself with quality skincare.
72. Plant herbs.
73. Put on a face mask.
74. Relax in an Infrared Sauna.
75. Be creative… what is your favorite?
More Self-Care Resources You Will Love
Are you Inspired? It’s time for more GRATITUDE!
Love, hugs, and making self-care a daily habit!
This article and website contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. We believe in conscious capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.