Gardening is a naturally sustainable activity. You’re outside, enjoying nature, playing in the dirt, and participating in the circle of life from the earth. But there are definitely more ways to be greener in your outdoor hobby. Here are 20 ways to be more sustainable in the garden. Vegetables, flowers, composting, apothecary, and more!
I love being in the garden. It’s my happy place.
You know how a dog reacts when you break out the leash and it knows it’s going for a walk and the dog starts spinning around and jumping and wagging its tail because it’s so happy?
Yep. That’s me when I put on my farmeralls.
It’s the grounding in the dirt.
It’s being one with nature.
It’s forgetting the stresses of life.
It’s being outside in the sun.
It really is my happy place.
And if you are reading this article, I know it’s your happy place too!
So let’s get started! Here are 20 ways you can be more sustainable in the garden!
20 Ways to be More Sustainable in the Garden
2. Plant your own herb garden.
4. Build your own compost bin with upcycled pallets.
5.. Pour your tea and coffee into your compost pile or garden.
6. Build your own potting bench.
8. Build your own raised bed garden.
10. Join a community garden if you don’t have room in your backyard.
11. Make your own all-natural weed killer. Or just pull them up the old-fashioned way.
12. Make ladybug and bug habitats for your garden.
13. Make bee skeps to encourage your bees to make their home in your garden.
14. Plant flowers to encourage the pollinators.
15. Use a rain barrel to collect rain to water your garden.
16. Plant a tree.
17. Learn to make healing ointments from weeds.
18. Make your own bug spray from all-natural ingredients.
19. Learn more sustainable gardening practices.
20. And of course, learn to cook from the bounty of your harvest!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your FREE Back to Basics Frugal Living Guide!
Love, hugs, and getting dirty.HERE.