Self-love is arguably the most important love that you can have. There may be days or even months that you feel down and need a big ole dose of self-esteem pick-me-up. Or maybe it’s Valentine’s Day and you want to reflect on what love means to you. These 30 journal prompts (bullet or regular) about self-love are a great way to contemplate what love really means to you. Because the greatest of these is love.
Self-love isn’t selfish.
Self-love isn’t arrogance.
Self-love is accepting yourself as you are, and loving yourself enough to change what needs to be changed.
If you don’t or can’t love yourself, it makes it very difficult for others to love you. There. I said it. I’ve met so many people who aren’t happy in their relationships because they aren’t happy with themselves.
When I was going through chemo, I lost part of my breast, all of my hair, and was thrown into early menopause at 39 years-old. All while being engaged. I was trying to be a sexy fiance and it wasn’t working. I was a hot mess.
My self-esteem also hit rock bottom. I had to re-learn how to love myself, and love who I was inside.
These journal prompts about self-love are designed with love from me to you.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your Gratitude Builds Fortitude Journal (bullet or regular) and let’s get started!
30 Journal Prompts for Self-Love
1. What am I most grateful for?
2. What does love mean to me?
3. What are my top 3 personality traits?
4. What was one recent accomplishment that made me very proud of myself?
5. Why do I deserve to be loved?
6. Who and what makes me the happiest?
7. What do I need to forgive myself for?
8. Who and what do I need to forgive others for?
9. What traits make me a good friend?
10. When I wake up every day, what drives me?
Psst… want beautiful prayers and scriptures to help balance your chakras? Click below…
11. Who do I admire and why?
12. What was a big dream or goal that I accomplished?
13. How do I want to be remembered? Am I on that path? Why or why not?
14. What are 5 things about my body that I love?
15. How do I define inner beauty and how do I express it?
16. When do I feel most confident?
17. Write down 10 compliments to give to myself.
18. How would my loved ones describe me?
19. What “bad” habits or mindsets are holding me back? What steps can I do to move forward?
20. Write a positive letter to your future self.
21. What is holding me back from being truly deeply happy? How can I change that?
22. What is something I do better than anyone I know?
23. My favorite affirmation quote is…
24. What is my heart saying to me right now?
25. What do I need to start saying “no” to?
26. What do I need to start saying “yes” to?
27. Do I spend enough time with myself? Why or why not?
28. What are some flaws about me that I can accept?
29. I deserve love and happiness because…
30. How can I love myself more?
Think of a time when you were a little girl (or boy) when you didn’t feel very loved.
Write down how you felt.
Compose a love letter to your younger self.
Send that love to your younger self.
Receive and accept all of that love.
Psst… want to nourish your spirit every day with gratitude, scripture, and affirmations? Click below…
More Journal Resources You Will Love
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your FREE Printable for prayers and scriptures to help balance your chakras!
Love, hugs, and the greatest of these is loving myself.
This article and website contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. We believe in conscious capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.