Ah..ah…ah.. CHOO! It’s that time of year and here are five all natural allergy busters to help you survive the pollen season.
1. Wipe your paws and institute a “Shoes Off” policy at your door. Shoes will track a lot of allergens into your home. How adorable is this sign to hang or place at your entrance!
2. I hate saying this, but keep your windows shut at home. I am a good ole fashioned country gal and I love the fresh air, especially in the spring. Studies show that the allergens inside the home are typically worse than the allergens outside, but if the pollen is making you miserable, you may want to close up the house. Invest in a few Himalayan Salt Lamps to help purify the air.
It’s your decision. Choose wisely.
3. Diffuse Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint Essential Oils to help promote sleep and healthy sinus and immune functions.
4. Use natural remedies for your symptoms. This Organic Breathe Easy Rub from The Honest Company does not contain harsh chemicals like menthol or petroleum, and supports clear breathing with organic eucalyptus and tea tree oils. Or you could make your own (pssst – it’s easy!)
5. Use all natural sinus cleansers like this Sinus Cleanser which is an all-natural, patented saline nasal wash that provides homeopathic doses of wild indigo (Baptisia tinctoria), oregano, grapefruit seed extract, and colloidal silver—all within an isotonic solution of salt water that is buffered for proper pH balance. This synergistic solution supports natural defenses and washes away microbes, dust, debris, pollen, and other irritants. Another gold standard is the NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit (be sure to use filtered water only).
One final note… while this tip won’t necessarily help you breath any better, if you have a screened in or covered porch, cover your patio furniture with an old sheet, painting drop cloth, old shower curtain, or the like. It will save you a lot of time scrubbing the pollen off of your outdoor furniture, and all you will need to do when the pollen subsides is throw the covering into the washing machine (or trash). You. Are. Welcome.
Be sure to PIN to your favorite board! And be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you can be the first to read about new and inspiring projects at Pink Fortitude!
Connect and Share
What about you? Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? What are your favorite tips to help combat the pollen?
Love, hugs, and breathing easy.HERE.