Our dogs and puppies need some essential items when they travel. But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. These are the 15 must-have accessories when you travel with your dog. #sponsored
This is a sponsored post made in partnership with Muttropolis. However, all opinions are my own. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Before we got Pug puppy Hannibal, we babysat our friend’s Pug on and off for two months while they moved across the country. I silently judged how much STUFF they showed up with. I mean… it’s just a dog.
Did I eat my thoughts/words? Oh yeah. And then some.
It takes me five minutes just to get everything ready to take Hannibal out for a walk in the neighborhood. Let alone going anywhere in a car. I had no idea how many accessories you need when you travel with a dog. As a first-time dog/puppy parent, it was stressful at first to figure it all out, but we finally have it dialed in.
I like having the back seat set up as the Puppy Command Center with Hannibal’s crate and essentials. I feel confidant that he is safe and entertained. Even though we weren’t able to travel much this year, he still loves to get out and explore.
My dear friend, you don’t need to be overwhelmed when you travel with your dog or puppy. I’ve got you covered. These are the 15 must-have accessories you need when you travel with your dog! Easy peezy puppy breezy!
15 Must-Have Accessories When You Travel with Your Dog
1. Dog Tag or other ID – and ideally your pup is microchipped.
2. Harness, if your pup normally wears one.
3. Pup’s leash plus an extra one or two.
4. Packable Dog Bowl and food. Always pack extra food for your trip just in case!
5. Water and portable water bottle/bowl.
7. Poop bags and wipes.
8. Pup’s favorite blanket, plus some old towels.
9. Paper towels (for accidents or messes).
11. Favorite toys.
12. Copy of immunization paperwork (keep on your phone for easy access)
13. Weather-related items – a sweater or jacket.
15. Collapsable Travel Carrier. I love this one from Muttropolis because it’s big enough for Hannibal to move around, safe enough for travel, and portable enough for him to sleep in at our destination. Plus how adorable are the navy blue polka dots?!?!
It’s also a great idea to do a trial run and a shorter drive before going on a long trip with your puppy or dog. Figure out what works and what doesn’t and adjust from there.
Muttropolis opened the door to their shop in Solana Beach, California in 2002. Their flagship store is still open, but the majority of their business is now online. I love supporting businesses in the USA like Muttropolis!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to shop at Muttropolis for all of your dog’s accessories!
Love, hugs, and ready to roll.