Raise your hand if the winter blues get you down. Some call it Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. Regardless, you don’t have to let it control the coldest and grayest months of the year. These are 30 activities for your winter self-care bucket list to help you super-charge the season.
If you live in a sunny or warmer climate, the winter blues probably don’t affect you as much. If you live in one of those regions where winter is winter – cold, gray skies, nasty weather – then this winter self-care bucket list is for YOU!
I’ve written other articles about self-care and the winter blues, you can check them out at the bottom of this post. This one though is your bucket list.
It’s the list of things to do when all you feel like is snuggling under the covers. And we’ve got both indoor and outdoor activities so there are many bucket list activities to choose from depending on what kind of day you are having and how you feel.
If you have some kind of chronic illness, then I know the winter blues are extra for you. I’m sending you lots of love and the comfort of warmth and happiness!
To make it easier, I’ve broken down the activities into these 5 groups:
- Mindset + Mindfulness
- Nutrition + Exercise + Health
- Winter Self-Care
- Give Back
Mindset + Mindfulness
1. Start a journal and keep track of your self-care activities and how you are feeling.
2. Honor the winter blues and go with the flow of how you feel, but don’t let it drag you down.
3. Read scriptures about self-care.
4. Make a vision board.
5. Participate in a 30-Day Gratitude Challenge.
Nutrition + Exercise + Health
6. Wake up to a Full-Spectrum LED Light.
7. Minimize sugar and eat more seasonal and nutrient-dense citrus fruits and root vegetables.
9. Go outside and walk.
10. Jump on a rebounder.
11. Practice Yoga.
12. Enjoy a cup of homemade (vegan) hot chocolate.
13. Take a warm bath and dry off with towels fresh out of the shower.
14. Update your skin-care routine with a nourishing moisturizer.
15. Enjoy an afternoon binge-watching Netflix/Hulu with a cozy fire and homemade popcorn.
17. Read a good book.
18. Bring in a fresh bouquet of flowers.
19. Wear a cozy hat.
20. Put on your favorite song/s and sing and dance it out.
21. If it’s snowing, build a snowman or catch a snowflake with your tongue.
22. Clean out your closet/s. Donate as many items as you can.
23. Plant a succulent.
24. Meet up with a friend for coffee.
25. Put together a jigsaw puzzle.
26. Bake cookies and deliver them to your local police or fire station.
27. Write a note of kindness to a family member or friend.
28. Participate in Random Acts of Kindness.
29. Spend a morning or afternoon volunteering.
30. You’re going to be scrolling on Facebook anyway… commit to 10 nice comments a day.
More Great Resources You Will Love
Are you Inspired?
Join the FREE Gratitude Challenge!
Love, hugs, and staying in and staying cozy today.
This article and website contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. We believe in conscious capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.