The summer sun can be our best friend and worst enemy. Why do some people have healthy and luminous skin and others look like they are melting away? Here are top 10 tips for obtaining that gorgeous summer skin with the radiant glow.
Gorgeous, luminous summer skin isn’t just about sunscreen. It’s about taking care of your skin from the inside out. Regardless of your age or skin type, these are top 10 tips that anyone can benefit from.
1. Hydrate. Drink lots of water to nourish your skin from the summer heat. The recommended amount of water is half your body weight in ounces, but in the summer, and especially if you exercise, you may need to drink more.
2. Wear a wide brim hat to protect your face at every angle.
3. Exfoliate dry skin. Use a dry brush before your shower to exfoliate and remove dry skin, and stimulate your lymphatic system.
4. Moisturize. Chose non-toxic and skin-friendly products free of formaldehyde, oxybenzone, parabens, phthalates, SLS, and triclosan.
5. Go with a lighter foundation formula. Or none at all!
6. Use a mask once a week. Masks help to deep clean and hydrate.
7. Eat what summer provides. Food such as berries, watermelon, and avocado are summer favorites, but be sure to include chocolate and salmon for healthy skin.
8. Step away from the crap. Sugar. Smoking. Sodas (including diet). Fast Food. You know its bad for you. Step away.
9. Don’t forget about your lips. Your lips can become dry and chapped in the summer just like the winter. Use a nourshing lip balm to protect your lips from UVA/UVB rays.
10. Pack your summer bag with great advice.
The Skin Whisperer by Dermatologist Dr. Keira Barr shows you how to look younger, radiate beauty, and live the life you crave.
Clean Skin from Within by Dr. Trevor Cates is The Spa Doctor’s Two-Week Program to Glowing, Naturally Youthful Skin.
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your FREE Healthy Living Bundle to launch you into the life of good health and fortitude!
Love, hugs, and love the skin you’re in.HERE.