Next to lavender and lemon, peppermint essential oil is one of the most versatile essential oils you can use. I don’t go anywhere without my peppermint essential oil! Whether you are new to oils, or completely addicted, here are over 25 every day uses for peppermint, including home, health, beauty, and recipes.
Before we get started, let me share a super quick easy peezy DIY with you.
Peppermint Roller Ball DIY
I don’t go anywhere without my peppermint roller. It takes seconds to make and you can use it for almost any ailment under the sun. I introduced my friends and coworkers to it, and even they are hooked!
– Carrier oil (like jojoba)
Fill roller ball almost to the top with a carrier oil. Add 1-2 drops per ounce of peppermint EO. For a 2 oz bottle, add 4-5 drops. For these kinds of bottles, instead of shaking before use, you will want to roll them in between your hands to emulsify the oil. It is always recommended to use glass containers when using essential oils.
Alrighty… onto the 25+ uses…
1. Shampoo – Add 2-3 drops of peppermint EO to your regular shampoo to stimulate the scalp, energize your mind, and wake up.
2. Control Dandruff – Because peppermint EO is an antiseptic, adding 2-3 drops to your shampoo will help to control dandruff.
3. Stimulate Hair Growth – Peppermint EO is used in many high-quality hair care products because it can naturally thicken and nourish damaged hair. Simply add some peppermint oil to your current shampoo that can help stop hair loss and thinning.
4. Reduce Skin Inflammation – Peppermint EO helps to calm skin inflammation. Mix a drop into your body lotion to help cool and soothe your skin.
5. Improve Eczema and Psoriasis – Mix one drop each of peppermint and lavender EO’s to your body lotion to help improve eczema and psoriasis.
6. Heal Acne – Add 2 drops of peppermint EO to witch hazel on an organic cotton ball or pad and use to help heal acne.
7. Body Scrub – See the recipe here.
8. Peppermint Bark Soap – See the DIY here.
9. Sunburn Relief – Mix a couple of drops of peppermint EO with coconut oil and apply directly to the sunburned area to help relieve the pain and hydrate the skin.
10. Sooth Bug Bites – Combine 2 drops peppermint EO with a carrier oil (olive, almond, jojoba, etc) in a roller bottle and apply to soothe bites.
11. Homemade Tooth Powder – See the recipe here.
Psst… want beautiful Scripture + Gratitude printables to celebrate the beauty of the Advent Season? Click below…
12. Bug Repellent – Bugs that do not like the smell of peppermint: ticks, ants, spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes, mice, and lice. Combine 10-15 drops of peppermint EO with water in a spray bottle and spray the areas of your home that is affected. Get the DIY here.
13. Candles – Make some DIY peppermint scented candles.
14. Shower – Add a few drops of peppermint to the floor of your shower for an invigorating scent to help wake you up in the morning. Add eucalyptus if your sinuses are bothering you.
15. Muscle Pain Relief – Combine a few drops of peppermint EO along with eucalyptus with coconut oil to soothe sore muscles.
16. Sinus Care – Diffuse and inhale peppermint and eucalyptus oils to clear up sinuses. Apply the roller ball directly to your sinuses.
17. Allergy Relief – Diffuse and inhale peppermint and eucalyptus oils to help with allergies. Apply the roller ball directly to the back of your neck and along both sides of your nose and/or the bottoms of your feet.
18. Cold Care – Make your own “Vicks” Vapor Rub.
19. Curb Hunger Cravings – Help to reduce hunger cravings by inhaling peppermint EO.
20. Increase Energy – Have the mid-day lulls? Rollerball some peppermint EO on your wrists or diffuse and inhale to help you energize.
21. Increase Focus – In addition to increased energy, peppermint EO will also help you to focus. Great for kids with ADHD!
22. Itch Reliever – Add a few drops onto a cotton ball and apply to a bug bite or rash to soothe the itch.
23. Stop Headaches – Apply the roller ball across your forehead and temples and to the back of your neck for headache relief. Also great if you add a few drops of lavender EO to the mix.
24. Reduce Fever – Apply the roller ball to the back of your neck and/or the bottom of your feet to help reduce a fever.
25. Help Relieve Digestion Issues – Whether it is bloating, indigestion, or gas, you can apply the roller ball to your stomach to help ease symptoms.
26. Reduce Nausea – Apply the roller ball to your stomach, and/or behind your ears to help reduce nausea.
27. Reduce Car Sickness – Apply the roller ball to your stomach, and/or behind your ears to help reduce car sickness symptoms.
28. Tick Remover – If you have been bitten by a tick, add a drop of peppermint oil to the area by the head (either drop directly or apply with a q-tip) and the tick will detach itself from the skin.
Be sure that your essential oils are GRAS (generally regarded as safe) if you are using them for consumption. All oils are extremely concentrated, and especially when baking with peppermint, a drop or two is all you will need to enhance the flavor! Trust me, I made that mistake of thinking it would be similar to peppermint extract. Nope. One drop or maybe two, depending on how much you are making. That’ it! Just remember, you can always add more flavor in, but you can’t take it out!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your FREE Advent Calendar Printable and celebrate the season!
Love, hugs, and round and round and up and down.HERE