There is so much perfection in a lemon. It’s flavor, it’s color, and lots of health benefits including helping with indigestion, skin care, sore throats, respiratory issues, along with it’s antioxidant and cancer-fighting properties. I love using lemon essential oils in a myriad of ways around the home. Here are 25+ simple uses for lemon essential oil. What would you add?
Lemon Essential Oil can be used for cleaning, to de-stinkify, for health and wellness, for food, and as a degreaser. I’m starting with 25 uses for lemon essential oil, and would love your input as to how you use it too!
The number one go-to for lemon essential oil seems to be cleaning.
1. Disinfect a cutting board – a few drops on a sponge, wipe, then wash as usual.
2. Use with vinegar to clean and make your own all-natural all-purpose cleaner.
3. Refresh your silver with a few drops on a rag.
4. Refresh your leather with a few drops on a rag – use sparingly!
5. Combine with olive oil to clean wood surfaces.
6. Touch up smudges on stainless steel.
7. Clean scuff marks on the floor.
8. Clean your microwave. Pour water into a glass measuring cup, add 10 drops and place in microwave on high for 1 minute. Clean the inside.
9. Trashcans – add a few drops to a cotton ball.
10. Stinky laundry – add a few drops to your load.
11. Fridge – add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in fridge.
12. Garbage disposal – add a few drops and run with water or small pieces of ice.
Health and Wellness
13. Diffuse it. It smells clean and helps with respiratory issues.
14. Highlight your hair. Add a few drops to your hair and hang out in the sun for a few minutes. (use sparingly – a little goes a long way!)
15. Help heal bug bites – dab on the bite with a cotton ball.
16. Use for bad breath – a drop on your tongue.
17. Combine with honey and warm water to soothe a sore throat
18. Enhance focus – dab on wrist or diffuse.
19. Make your own body scrub with lemon, honey, and oatmeal (plus water).
20. Mix with water and spray on the base of plants to keep bugs away.
21. Shake a few drops in your shower before you jump in for an uplifting way to wake up.
22. Drink – add a few drops to water or tea.
23. Add to food. Lots of awesome recipes HERE.
24. Working on a car or bike and hands greasy? Mix with your soap for a natural degreaser.
25. Use a few drops to get rid of sticky residue like gum, glue, crayon.
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your free Healthy Living Bundle to launch you into the life of good health and fortitude!
Love, hugs, and having a zest for lemons!
The FTC requires me to tell you this: This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. I believe in capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.