Relationships are the fabric of our being. We all have those around us who we love deeply. And those who we struggle with. These are 30 journal prompts plus a FREE printable that will help you to explore your relationships, whether it’s with a spouse, partner, or friend, and how to love deeper in these relationships. Get out your bullet journal or regular journal and let’s start loving more on our loved ones!
There were several ways I wrote this article before I decided on the current path. I was originally thinking about separating out journal prompts for romantic relationships (spouse/partner) and friendships, but then I thought… we’re all so fluid with everyone in our lives, I’m going to create one prompt instead. You can choose to write about anyone you wish, and you can always use the same prompt more than once to explore different relationships.
Remember… there are no rules in journaling!
These journal prompts are designed to help you honor that space of being a better person to your loved ones, to examine their relationships with you, and what those steps are that you need to take to improve your relationships.
All of the journal prompts are in this blog post. I also have a FREE PRINTABLE for you if you choose to have your journal prompts in a beautiful format.
30 Journal Prompts for Relationships
1. What am I most grateful for in a relationship?
2. Who am I most grateful for in my life?
3. What are the 3 things I admire most in my spouse/partner/friend?
4. What qualities do I believe are most important in a spouse/partner/friend?
5. How does my spouse/partner/friend make me feel loved?
6. How do I show love to my spouse/partner/friend?
7. What are the best traits that I bring to a relationship?
8. How does my spouse/partner/friend make me a better person?
9. What does good communication look like to me?
10. How can I bring more love into my relationships?
11. What activities do I enjoy doing most with my spouse/partner/friend?
12. How do I support my spouse/partner/friend’s goals and dreams?
13. How am I being supported? Is it enough? Why or why not?
14. List 3 compliments I’m going to give to my spouse/partner/friend every day this week.
15. I would like to improve my relationship with ______. Why?
16. Do I hold onto a grudge? Why or why not?
17. Do I gossip? How do I feel about gossiping?
18. How can I show up more authentically for my spouse/partner/friend?
19. Are any of my relationships challenging right now? If yes, why?
20. Am I being treated the way I should be? Why or why not?
21. What does forgiveness mean to me?
22. Who do I need to forgive? Why?
23. Does my spouse/partner/friend listen to me? Why or why not?
24. Do I actively listen to my spouse/partner/friend? How can I be a better listener?
25. Who are 5 people I admire most and why?
26. Who in my life right now needs more of my support?
27. Who are 3 people I should reach out to who I haven’t spoken with in a while?
28. Do I have any relationships that need mending? What is my game plan?
29. Who do I need to say “I love you” to more?
30. What can I do to be a better friend to my loved ones?
More Journal Resources You Will Love
Are you Inspired?
Get Your FREE Journal Prompts Printable!
Love, hugs, and loving on others.
This article and website contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. We believe in conscious capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.