Father’s Day… Birthday… Christmas… does the special man in your life really want another tie as his token present? I think not. This all-natural homemade bar soap is a perfect gift for the man in your life – regardless of the occasion. It has the perfect combination of “man-scent” and skin nourishing moisturizers. It’s all natural, does not contain any lye – and oh by the way – takes all of 5 minutes to make!
I wanted to experiment with soap making, but I wasn’t sure where to start. I wanted the soap to be free of lye (a dangerous process to make), and made of all natural ingredients. It took awhile to research different recipes and soap making techniques, but once I figured it out, I was shocked at how easy it is!
This man-soap has a combination of mountain savory, citrus, and rosemary. It’s got that man-scent but also has a refreshing aroma for those early morning showers.
The ingredients are as simple as making the soap.
Large glass measuring cup
The ratio is three squares of soap base per one bar of this size (3x2x1). So for example, if you want to make three bars of soap, you will want to cut out 9 squares.
The ratio of essential oils is 20 drops of mountain savory and 10 drops of citrus per one bar. Use more or less to your scent preference.
The ratio of Rosemary is 1 TBSP per one bar. Use more or less to your preference.
- Cut out the desired amount of soap base squares.
- At half power, heat the soap in a large glass container or glass measuring cup at 30 second intervals. Depending on your microwave, this should take a total of 90 seconds to two minutes.
- Let cool for one minute.
- Stir and add the essential oils.
- Depending how large the dried rosemary is, you may want to crush it in your palms. Add to the mixture and stir again.
- Ideally, you will want to pour the soap mixture through a funnel into the soap molds. It helps to minimize the bubbles. But if you don’t have one and don’t mind a few bubbles, it’s optional.
- Pour almost to the top of the soap molds.
- Let sit for four hours at room temperature.
- Gently remove from the silicone molds.
That’s it! I broke it down into detailed steps, but honestly, it only takes like 5 minutes to make. SIMPLE! And there is no right or wrong amounts of ingredients. Use a little more or less as it works for you. Be sure to heat only the soap in the microwave, you only want to add the essential oils after it cools for a minute.
Since this is going to be a Christmas present for a special man in my life (shhhhh…… don’t tell!!!!)… I had the other special man in my life try it out. He really liked it. It was sudsy, it had the right amount of man-scent, and it was nourishing on his skin. Winner!
So a funny thing happened when making this soap. I loved it! As in… REALLY loved it. I loved experimenting with the different scents and the gentle (and quick) process of making the soap. I always thought it was a difficult process. Which it is, if you use lye, and making real lye soap also has some risks involved. I had no idea that you could purchase the pre-made base and it was sooooo quick and easy. And therapeutic. Get emotionally prepared to see more of my soap creations in some future posts!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your free Healthy Living Bundle to launch you into the life of good health and fortitude!
Love, hugs, and good man smells!HERE.