Today, we are welcoming long-time Pink Fortitude family member, Daffnee Cohen, as our new fitness contributor. Daffnee has been my Social Media and Marketing Guru, and I thought she would be a great fit to share her world of fitness, love, and humor. I know you will love her as much as I do! Daffnee… the floor is all yours. Take it away!
Hi Friends! I’m excited to write this first article in a series of what will hopefully be many to come for the amazing Holly Bertone. Holly is nothing short of an incredible fighter, warrior, advocate and enthusiast and I am honored to contribute to her platform in a way that will hopefully bring some light, some laughs and some motivation to your life.
Warning – Fun and Sarcasm Ahead
Before I tell you a bit about myself, I should preface this blog with a few things…
- I have a filter, but it’s been through a lot. I love to speak my mind in a tasteful and educated way. My motto in life is really about standing up for what is right, what you are passionate about, and doing it like there’s no tomorrow. Hope you enjoy my perspectives!
- I can be a little sarcastic BUT my writing is really filled with love and I’m confident you’ll enjoy a refreshing crack here and there.
- I write about a lot of things but you’ll see some recurring themes that include hard work, happiness, health and love. It’s the foundation for everything in my life and I believe those pillars are crucial for the best life ever!
About Me, Daffnee Cohen
Where to begin…
- I’m 27 years young
- I am an active Zumba instructor and teach 4 times a week
- I started my marketing company a week before graduating from college in 2011 and have worked on growing it every single day since then. It’s not only my primary source of income but it’s an incredibly proud asset. Lots of blood, sweat and tears
- I Crossfit every single day and am currently actively competing (gotta release after dealing with my crazy clients all day – KIDDING, I love them all)
- I enjoy writing about my own mistakes and errors. I’m a risk taker and am not afraid to put myself out there so other people can learn from them
- I am a huge advocate for rescue dogs. I have 2 of my own (Bailey and Bella)
- I am engaged to be married to someone I can’t even put into words so I won’t try right now BUT he is hands down my better half
- I enjoy working because I’ve worked hard to eliminate negativity in my life and do things I love (like writing this blog)
- I am number 3 of 6 and also have 6 nieces and nephews and I wouldn’t trade the chaos for anything
- I also own an online women’s boutique (DaffneesBoutique.com)
- I currently write for Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen
- I am really confident we are going to be friends
On Love, Happiness and Health
I have made a continuous effort to learn something every single day not only from the ugly and bad, but from the good as well. The thing I keep coming back to is that love runs the world. Remembering the things that I have to be grateful for, remembering that I am loved and making sure I put out love before anything has helped me in my career, my fitness, my relationships and my overall self-appreciation. A lot of what you’ll see from me are lessons learned about drifting too far from love and therefore bringing stress and other worries into my life as a result. These lessons also include a return to love and how we can really create our own day, our own tomorrow and our own lifetime of happiness and meaning.
Holly is so expertly versed in and discusses, health MATTERS. Health is complex and has so many different layers. I won’t ever recommend you do one thing over another, but I will encourage you to find what makes you happy and feel good.
Maybe it’s Zumba, maybe it’s walking, maybe it’s weightlifting. I want to extend an idea different from the rest…You can be happy and healthy and not be perfect. Not everything in your fridge has to be organic and maybe you enjoy pizza on Fridays. Maybe you take a few days off from working out because you’re just tired and maybe you enjoy wine with the girls on the weekend. Life is all about balance and finding what works for you. It’s all about staying educated and learning as much as you can (thankfully you’re subscribed to PinkFortitude.com already). You’ll see this theme occur a ton as well in my writing.
More to Come…
I am really looking forward to sharing this monthly piece of me with you. I encourage you to visit me on social media. I am really active on Instagram and you can find me at @daffnee (yep, just my first name). Check out a few of my other articles on DaffneeCohen.com and get a feel for what I’m all about!
I also welcome any of your feedback, commentary and dialogue. Life is short to not make friends along the way! Until next time, I encourage you to start thinking about what your FAVORITE kind of exercise or movement is. Do you find yourself doing enough of it? If not, for what reason? Comment your responses below. Maybe the solution to more activity is easier than you think…Together, we can always find a better way!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your free eBook (and other goodies!) to launch you into the life of good health and fortitude!
Connect and Share
What about you? What fitness topics would you for me to address?
The FTC requires me to tell you this: This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. I believe in capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.