Are you as conflicted as I am about cleaning products? As a cancer and autoimmune survivor, I wonder and worry about all of the harmful chemicals. As a germ-a-phobe, there is a certain comfort in knowing that my dearly beloved chemicals are cleaning my home. Today, the worlds biggest skeptic will share with you a homemade, all-natural, non-toxic all-purpose cleaner. That works. And is cheaper than the store-bought alternative.
I’m taking baby steps to take back my environment. It started with focusing on my nutrition protocol, including going gluten free. The next step is to make some changes with our cleaning products, and the first victim is the traditional all-purpose household cleaner.
Let me tell you – I am a hardcore skeptic. There is a huge amount of comfort knowing that all of these chemicals being sprayed out of a bottle are going to kill the bacteria on the counter I’m preparing food or the table where my family is eating. What’s all of this sassafras nonsense about all-natural and organic cleaning? Does it really kill germs? How hard it is to make these new fangled cleaning products and do I need to buy weird ingredients? The answer – IT’S EASY!
Equal Part Vinegar and Distilled or Filtered Water
15-30 drops Essential Oil
- Measure the volume of your container.
- Minus one unit, and divide the liquid ingredients in half. So if the container is 16 ounces, then you will need seven ounces of water and seven ounces of vinegar.
- Or – you can just eyeball it – half water, half vinegar, and leave a little space at the top. Much easier, and no math needed!
- Using a funnel, combine the liquid ingredients into the container.
- After a couple minutes, add drops of your favorite Essential Oil until it achieves your desired scent and minimizes the vinegar smell.
- Shake slightly each time before using.
I actually went with 30 drops of Citrus to mask the vinegar scent. You can use any clean and fresh smelling Essential Oils, but I’m partial to Citrus.
If you want to get super fancy, add a chalkboard label. Or you can cut out a pretty picture and add it onto the container with Mod Podge.
Psst… want easy to follow instructions on how to make all of your favorite household cleaners… the all-natural way? It’s eezy peezy! Click below…
Like I said, give it a little shake and clean like normal. Our grandmothers used vinegar and it’s making a huge comeback.
Thinking about giving it a try? Remember to pin!
Are you Inspired?
Be sure to download your FREE Green Your Clean eBook for more all-natural home DIYs made simple and easy.
Love, hugs, and naturally clean.HERE.