These are 30 journal and writing prompts for Easter and Lent plus a FREE printable that will help you to explore your faith and the meaning of the Easter season. Get out your bullet journal or regular journal and let’s focus on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ! And get your kids and the whole family involved too!
I was baptized on Palm Sunday, so this was always a special time for my family. Palm Sunday was Mamma Fortitude’s favorite Sunday of the year. I remember as a little girl we got to take home a palm.
I also remember getting all dressed up for Easter Sunday and one of my favorite memories of Mamma Fortitude was singing, “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today.” She went ALL OUT for the “ALLELUIA”. We always had a big family lunch that followed.
They are such special memories I will carry forever, along with the message and hope of the Easter season. I wanted to create some journal prompts for you to help you dive deeper not only into your own family traditions but to reflect on the true meaning of Easter.
All of the journal prompts are in this blog post. I also have a FREE PRINTABLE for you if you choose to have your journal prompts in a beautiful format.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your Gratitude Builds Fortitude Journal (bullet or regular) and let’s get started!
30 Journal Prompts for Easter
1. What does Easter mean to me?
2. What are some of my favorite Easter memories as a child?
3. How does my family currently celebrate Easter?
4. What am I giving up for Lent? Why?
5. What are my favorite Easter songs? How do they make me feel?
6. What does Palm Sunday mean to me?
7. Why do we paint eggs at Easter?
8. What is the significance of these events happening over Passover?
9. What is the significance of these events happening during Spring?
10. What would have it been like to be at the Last Supper?
11. What was my first Communion like?
12. What does taking Holy Communion mean to me?
13. Who has betrayed me in my life? Did I forgive them?
14. Have I ever betrayed someone? Did I ask for forgiveness?
15. What is the significance of Maundy Thursday?
16. If I was a disciple, would I have stood by Jesus?
17. What would it have been like to be Pontius Pilate?
18. What have I done because of “peer pressure” even though I knew it wasn’t right?
19. What does forgiveness mean to me?
20. Is there someone I need to forgive? Why?
21. What would it have been like to witness the crucifixion?
22. What is the meaning of the cross?
23. Why did Jesus have to die for our sins?
24. What does faith mean to me?
25. What is the meaning of resurrection?
26. If I saw the empty tomb, what would I have thought?
27. If I saw the resurrected Jesus, would I have believed?
28. What does new life mean to me?
29. I am grateful for Jesus because…
30. How can I share the message of Easter with others?
More Journal Resources You Will Love
Are you Inspired? Enter Your Email for Your FREE Printable!
Love, hugs, and He is Risen!
This article and website contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. We believe in conscious capitalism and the American Dream. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.